Dr. Myra B. Lovett
Associate Director of the School of Education
"I love helping my students find their strengths and overcome their weaknesses. The impact seen in students' growth, no matter what age, cannot be matched in any other vocation."
- Ed.D. in Curriculum & Instruction
- M.Ed. in Special Education with a concentration in Educational Psychology
- B.S. in Elementary Education
- Taught elementary and middle school for 11 years
- Field Experience Coordinator for ULM School of Education
- Published author on non-public school decision-making
- National presenter on the use of student surveys in P-12 Classrooms
- Continued research on yearlong residency for teacher candidates, mentoring and coaching teacher candidates.
In which online program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
CURR 7008: Communication & Collaboration in Problem Solving
What do students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
Students learn best practices for communicating effectively in educational environments. They’ll also learn to improve communication skills and professionalism in understanding multiple means of communicating effectively with all stakeholders.
Why did you start teaching?
I am a lifelong learner. I believe in the mutual benefits gained through reciprocal teaching environments. I love helping my students find their strengths and overcome their weaknesses. The impact seen in students' growth, no matter what age, cannot be matched in any other vocation.
What advice would you give to those considering this online degree program?
It is an amazing opportunity that will open doors that you do not even know exist. Prepare to work harder than you ever have, expand your understanding and expand your worldview.