Dr. Connie Lewis
"I want to share the love of my profession and help prepare future nurses as knowledgeable, caring and compassionate members of the nursing profession."
- Ph.D. in Nursing – University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2017
- MSN – Grambling State University, 2007
- BSN – University of Louisiana Monroe, 1989
- Pediatric nurse for 15 years
- Nurse coordinator for implementation/support of online documentation system for four years
- Hospital Information Systems Director for three years
- Nurse Faculty at ULM for 17 years
In which online programs do you teach?
What do students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
The expected outcome is that students are able to identify and apply course concepts and objectives as evidenced by discussions, presentations and required paper submissions.
Why did you start teaching?
I want to share the love of my profession and to help prepare future nurses as knowledgeable, caring and compassionate members of the nursing profession.
What advice would you give to those considering this online degree program?
As many of the potential students considering an online degree program are working full- or part-time, it is important to devise a schedule allowing adequate time to be successful. Limit the extra activities for this season of your life and focus on family, work and success in this educational endeavor.